EON Edible Gardens
EON establishes partnerships with schools and communities to grow vegetable, fruit, bush tucker and medicine plant gardens. The gardens become a free source of fresh healthy food and a great outdoor classroom for the children.
- Delivers sustainable access to fresh fruit and vegetables in schools and communities
- Improves awareness and understanding of the role of fruit and vegetables in a healthy diet
- Encourages children and adults to reconnect with the land and with elders to maintain traditional cultural knowledge around bush tucker and medicine plants
- Educates and involves children and adults in the shared experience of growing, harvesting and preparing their home-grown food
- Provides a fun, hands-on learning environment for school lessons in Maths, English, Science and Art