EON Healthy Eating
The EON Healthy Eating program links the Edible Gardens growing of fruit, vegetables and bush tucker to a healthy, affordable and achievable lifestyle. It teaches the children and their families the nutritional value of fruit and vegetables, how to prepare and cook healthy food and the importance of good nutrition in maintaining good health.
- Helps to reduce rates of nutrition-linked disease, such as Type 2 diabetes and heart disease
- Increases participants’ fruit and vegetable consumption
- Complements the growing of the Edible Gardens
- Teaches school children healthy lifestyle choices, food hygiene, nutrition education, and food preparation skills
- Promotes strong, healthy eating messages to children
- Hands-on demonstrations and in-home workshops.