EON Training and Education
The EON Training and Education program provides formal and informal skills and training, delivered by EON Project Mangers in their fortnightly visits to communities. The EON Training and Education program builds the community capacity and confidence required to support healthy lifestyle changes, community ownership, sustainability and life-long wellness of a community.
The EON Thriving Communities has been integrated into cross-curricular activities within schools with the garden becoming an alfresco classroom where language, maths and life skills are learnt.
The program provides:
- Horticultural training for school gardeners and interested community members
- Nutrition classes for children and adults
- Food preparation and cooking classes for children and adults
- Support materials for teachers
- Information materials to community members
- Comprehensive manuals for EON Edible Gardens
- Formal Cert II Horticultural training in joint venture with Kimberley TAFE
- Home cleaning and hygiene skills.