16 LOCAL ABORIGINAL PEOPLE EMPLOYED BY EON
EON’s Community Assistants play a vital role in the success of the EON Thriving Communities Program. They champion our Program by:
- Providing a link between EON and the community
- Helping to build trust through their connection with the Program
- Working alongside EON Project Managers to grow healthy fruit, vegetables and bushtucker
- Taking ownership, over time, for ensuring community gardens thrive and are continuously planted and cropped
- Transferring the skills learned through the Program to build home gardens and
- Sharing their knowledge across community.
With the knowledge and experience gained through the EON Thriving Communities Program, our Community Assistants are able to maintain community gardens and the continuity of a freely-accessible source of fresh, healthy food for school children and their families long after completion of the EON five-year Program.