Our Community Assistants are an integral part of the EON Thriving Communities Program.
EON’s Project Managers visit their communities on a fortnightly basis so local Community Assistants are vital in assisting with garden maintenance and the delivery of classes in the absence of the Project Manager, and to assist them with their work when they are in community.
Our Community Assistants champion our Thriving Communities Program by:
- providing a link between EON and their community, helping to build trust
- working alongside our Project Managers to grow healthy fruit, vegetables and bushtucker
- assisting with the delivery of EON classes to the school students
- taking ownership over time for ensuring community gardens thrive and are continuously planted and cropped
- transferring the skills learned through the program to build home gardens
- sharing their knowledge across community.