Are you a successful HR Manager/Advisor who is looking to work part time with flexibility, but still have a role that challenges you and uses your skills and experience in HR to really make a difference?
EON is seeking to hire a Part Time HR Manager to be based in their Subiaco office (Perth).
Reports To: Executive Manager
Type: Part time (15.2 hours over 3 days)
Contract Term: 1 year with possible extension
Remuneration: To be negotiated
Benefits: Salary sacrifice benefits available due to PBI status
EON Foundation (www.eon.org.au) was created in 2005 to provide practical support to improve the health and well-being of Aboriginal people in remote communities. A not-for-profit organisation, EON delivers the EON Thriving Communities Program, focused on improving nutrition through gardening and nutrition education as a basis for chronic disease prevention in these communities. We currently partner with 24 Aboriginal communities across WA and the NT, focusing on early intervention to improve poor health and disease through our program.
With our recent growth we are looking to employ a seasoned HR business partner with the ability to coach and influence at all levels, to be based in our Perth office in Subiaco but dealing with staff across multiple remote locations.
At EON we have a culture of “making things happen” and you will be supported by a passionate and positive work environment.
Reporting to the Executive Manager, you will be responsible for the efficient & effective delivery of all HR services to EON, including:
- Managing and leading staff recruitment, retention and development;
- Onboarding of new employees, including contract preparation;
- Providing high level, timely and professional advice and support to senior managers and staff with regard to complex employee matters and preparation of relevant reports to the Board;
- Performance management;
- Misconduct and grievance management;
- Ensuring staff are supported through the Employee Assistance Scheme;
- Award Interpretation and compliance with Fair Work Act and related legislation;
- Assisting Management to ensure EON complies with its obligations under work health safety legislation;
- Reviewing and updating policies and procedures;
- Reviewing and maintaining employee and consultant contracts in line with the business;
- Providing professional advice and solutions on all employment related issues;
- Staff retention strategies and professional development and training;
- Contributing consistent and continuous improvement of HR services;
- Change Management as required; and
- Promotion of the EON culture to all
- Relevant university qualification in Human Resources with a minimum of ten years relevant experience (with at least 5 years being in a similar senior leadership role).
- Highly developed knowledge of HR related legislative and regulatory requirements
- Sound generalist HR knowledge and experience across a variety of areas including performance management, industrial relations, workforce planning, employee relations and strategic HR planning.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and processes in HR, administration and project management.
- Experience in drafting policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Able to work in a team environment, working with Management to ensure strategic outcomes are met and the organisation is run effectively and efficiently from an HR perspective.
- A driven, self-starter with the ability to act with the minimum of supervision who is relatively self-sufficient and can work with all mainstream office technologies, producing much of their own work.
- While not a requirement that the applicant be from a not-for-profit environment, it is important that they be prepared to embrace the objectives and culture of the organisation and any NFP experience will be favourably considered.
Licences and Certification
- Minimum: National Police Clearance
- Ability to work in Australia
To apply for this role
Please provide a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria together with your CV and submit by email by COB (WA time) on Tuesday 10 September to: