EON Project Manager – Murchison Region of WA
Full time position ideally based in Mount Magnet or Meekatharra, with regular regional travel within the Mid West and Murchison.
Three year contract.
Remuneration and conditions:
$75,000pa plus 9.5% superannuation. Salary sacrifice benefits available.
Six weeks annual leave.
Fully maintained vehicle provided for work purposes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Project Manager based in the Murchison region (ideally Meekatharra or Mount Magnet), to deliver EON’s Thriving Communities Program to 3 locations: Meekatharra, Mount Magnet and a third community, details of which are yet to be confirmed.
The new Project Manager will manage and deliver EON’s Thriving Communities Program including planning, planting and maintaining edible gardens and delivery of practical gardening, cooking and nutrition lessons, with a particular focus on the school children. The aim of the Program is to help these schools and communities build a sustainable source of fresh healthy food and equip them with the skills to maintain the gardens and good nutrition.
The position requires a motivated, practical person who enjoys working with Indigenous children and adults, is a good communicator, can work independently and is highly adaptable to change.
The specific duties will include:
- Deliver fortnightly gardening, cooking and nutrition lessons to classes of school children in each location
- Provide horticulture, cooking and nutrition workshops to adult community members
- Ensure each location has a fully functioning edible garden
- Identify and mentor local community participants and work with local community members to provide them with the skills to maintain the Program themselves
- Report weekly to EON management on progress against plans, schedules and goals
- Comply with EON policies and procedures
- Complete all reporting requirements accurately and on time
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other service providers
- Experience and qualifications in horticulture and training
- An interest in health and nutrition
- Experience with and an enjoyment of working with children
- Ability to travel to remote communities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Ideally the candidate will have experience working in remote Aboriginal communities
- While it is not a requirement that the applicant be from a not-for-profit environment, it is important that they be prepared to embrace the objectives and culture of the organisation.
Licences and Certification:
- National Police Clearance
- Working with Children Check
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Ability to work in Australia
To apply for this role, please email a covering letter addressing the Selection Criteria together with your CV and submit by email by 5pm on Wednesday 19 December 2018 to Marie-Louise Carroll, Executive Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Murchison Project Manager” in the subject line of the email. Interviews will be scheduled in the week commencing Monday 7 January 2019. Please note that applicants who previously applied for this role will not need to resubmit an application.